is it the future?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 23 21:25:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 06:59:51PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> >Yes, you have. If you don't like the direction systemd is taking then
> >please install one of the BSD's and stop the discussion on this user
> >list. Thanks.
> Spoken like a true fascist, Richard. I checked the duty roster and
> it's not your week to be God, either.

Seriously? Please review the code of conduct linked at the bottom of the
message.

This _really_ isn't the place to continually review systemd or promote
conspiracy theories. If you want to help people work with systemd, or work
around shortcomings (and sure, it's got plenty), awesome. If you want to
help work on some kind of alternative system, that's awesome too. You can
even make a Fedora Remix with sysvinit or upstart or openrc or your own new
thing. And all that would be basically on topic. But wild speculation on
conspiracy theories just isn't.

That doesn't curtail your ability to engage in that speculation — it's a
big, big Internet. Go for it. Just not here, please. And _certainly_ without
the name-calling — in fact, seriously: consider this thread Godwin'd.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>