f21 workstation(gnome) ping fedora servers every 300seconds

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Sep 23 21:38:39 UTC 2014

Hey Rahul,

I am not sure if there is a production use of Fedora at many places yet.
If a ping every 300 secs(ICMP\HTTP\HTTPS 1\2)Will consume bandwidth and
can be disabled using a basic FW rules(from a network level).

And there should be a way to disable this feature or to use it for other
ways.

I actually was wondering about WIFI captive portals option that pops up
a login page for mobiles.

Eliezer