f21 workstation(gnome) ping fedora servers every 300seconds

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:25:44 UTC 2014

Hi

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Eliezer Croitoru  wrote:

> Hey Rahul,
>
> I am not sure if there is a production use of Fedora at many places yet.

Unclear how this is related but sure, there is.  We hear about them pretty
regularly.

http://arunsag.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/flock-2013-fedora-at-yahoo/

If a ping every 300 secs(ICMP\HTTP\HTTPS 1\2)Will consume bandwidth and can
> be disabled using a basic FW rules(from a network level).
>
> And there should be a way to disable this feature or to use it for other
> ways.

It is just a plugin.  You can remove it.  Also this is essentially how OS X
and Windows does it as well.

Rahul