Regular font for human beings to learn to write

Orange Paranoid anorangeparanoid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:31:22 UTC 2014

Hello, editing a font seems a daunting task. I will see if I have the time.

Is there any typography working for me?

Typography doesn't have to work for everybody. It would be lovely to
have typography working for me.

My idea is that no font is right for me. How could that happen in the
21st century? My descriptions in the video are valid for the kids I
have taught.

Kids simply copy what they see. There are reasons for my modifications, e.g.

ill -> Ill (It is hard to see when the letter i becomes a capital I.
The I without the top and bottom strokes is considered wrong in my
area. In addition, for many years, only one person asked me to write
the capital I without the top and bottom strokes.)

t without the tail can look like f.

It is not wise to argue with a kid and tell him or her that the letter
is actually letter ___. Why do I need to spend such time arguing? (I
look very foolish. Just change the font. Let the computer work for
me.)

Can you see my point? Some kids are too weak in spelling correctly by
copying exactly how the font looks. Don't abandon them. Let the
correct font work for me and for them.

Is it too harsh to require kids below ten years old to tell the
difference between typography and calligraphy? (Come on. Don't do
this. You will end in disaster.)

No free font appears to be available for my purposes. If you have a
link to a free font which suits my purposes, I say, you are my hero.

I just need such a regular font (a regular one, not the stylish one)
for printing on my worksheet. We have Liberation Sans, Liberation XYZ,
... Can we have Liberation Kids?:)