Regular font for human beings to learn to write

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Thu Sep 25 23:43:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Orange Paranoid <anorangeparanoid at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I need a regular font resembling how a human being writes in the real
> world. Beginners learning the English language need such a font.
>
> My requirement is in this video:
> http://youtu.be/BnA8dkN0ROU

I didn't watch the video, too many past Rickrolls. Though I know that we
don't all write the same way, and that we weren't all taught the same way,
there are literacy fonts that you will hopefully find very helpful. I'm an
educator, and have used literacy fonts extensively when teaching beginning
readers and writers.

SIL has many great fonts (that also happen to be free), and SIL also makes
a type tuner that can make adjustments to their fonts and make them
literacy fonts.
You could start here:

http://scripts.sil.org/SILEntityFonts

...or you could use their web based type tuner:

http://scripts.sil.org/ttw/fonts2go.cgi

My default literacy font is a type tuned Andika. It is great for literacy.

There are also other useful fonts, though perhaps with less support and
professional backing than the SIL fonts. For example, I recommend that you
check out KG Primary Italics and quite a few of the other KG fonts.

—Schlaegel