Machine on a deadlock

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Sep 26 03:02:44 UTC 2014

On 09/25/2014 08:36 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 09/25/2014 10:38 AM, Doug wrote:
>> use lower case, but hold alt+ctrl+printscreen
>
> You may need to experiment.  My old mobo would only respond if you used the correct alt and ctrl keys.

When I tried it earlier today, I used the keys on the right side of the keyboard. It is just barely
doable with the thumb and pinkie on the alt and ctrl, and the middle finger on print-screen.
When the machine came back it was in run level 1, I believe. If it doesn't prompt for a login,
type login. Then it will probably wake up and prompt. Give it the normal login name and then it
will ask for the password, and then you can type startx, and you will see the normal login to x.

It seemed to me that the machine ran a bit slow at this point, altho everything seemed to be working,
so I did a normal restart and then everything was hunky-dory.

--doug