Fedup 19 to 20 problems

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 27 19:41:02 UTC 2014

On 27/09/14 02:11 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 14:03:18 -0400
> Frank McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca> wrote:
>

>>     Ran Fedup today to upgrade my 19 system to 20 - all the packages
>> are downloaded, the fedup kernel is installed...and I have 2 new
>> selections of the grub screen fedup and fedup rescue. However neither
>> will complete the boot so the upgrade can go ahead. The boot stalls
>> just after a message about Selinux not being found or something to
>> that effect.
>>
>> Need some advice on what to do
>
> Could be:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F20_bugs#FedUp-boot-arguments

   Well the link didn't describe my exact problem but it gave me a clue
- I added selinux=0 to the kernel command line---the boot had stalled on
the sellinux problem. Fedup then eventually ended up installing
everything and so far, with the exception of google-chrome which I had
to reinstall everything ***seems*** to have gone well. A nice feeling
after reading some of the horror stories around fedup :)

Thanks

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.