[SOLVED] boot fedora 20 from usb

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 08:03:48 UTC 2014

USB drives tend to have firmware in front of what may wish to boot.

What I like to do is use Gparted to make room in the end of the drive (say
move the end of the drive up so that enstead of having a 16gb fat partition
I have a 1 gb fat partition and 15 gb unallocated.  I do not bother the
front of the drive (other than to add the MBR later in the Linux install).

Then treat the Flash drive as a regular drive otherwise during the install
process.

Not all flash drives will allow this.  Simply find one that does.

Currently I am using F20 flash drives to in my laptop and netbook (each
specifically made on and for the specific device) to do all of my on line
banking.  Simply I like the idea of the Flash drive not being exposed to
normal use otherwise.  I do check the security certificate fingerprints.  I
do keep the Linux install updated.