battery indicator

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 17:12:20 UTC 2014

On 28.09.2014 16:26, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 16:05:33 +0200 poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 27.09.2014 19:28, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a new Dell Precision M3800 laptop and I am trying to figure out
>>> why the battery indicator does not work (find anything). Any suggestions
>>> as to how I can get this going? batti for instance is installed but
>>> finds nothing. However, there is a battery in the laptop, and does hold
>>> charge for a few hours at least.
>>>
>>> I am running a fully updated Fedora 20 system.
>>>
>>> Any help is of course very appreciated.
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Ranjan
>>>

>> See what can you get within /proc/acpi/...
>> i.e. 'acpi' - man 1 acpi,
>> then how 'batti' collects BATT_INFO.
>
> Hmmm, this is all I have in /proc/acpi
>
> ~$ ls
> button/  wakeup
> /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state
>
> However,
>
> ~$ acpi -b
> Battery 0: Discharging, 96%, 31:52:00 remaining
>
> So, where is this information?
>
> Is it in /sys ? If so, where?
>
> Thanks,
> Ranjan

See what can you get within
/sys/class/power_supply/...

https://code.google.com/p/batti-gtk/
  Batti is a simple battery monitor for the system tray, similar to batterymon.
  Unlike the latter batti uses *UPower*, and if that is missing DeviceKit.Power, for it's power information.

http://upower.freedesktop.org/
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/20/html/Power_Management_Guide/upower.html

$ man 1 upower
BUGS
       Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the DeviceKit mailing list, see
       http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/devkit-devel on how to subscribe.

poma