fedora20: samba4: getent passwd (and group) not work property

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon Sep 29 10:48:04 UTC 2014

Hi, I have configure samba 4 on my Fedora 20 with "security = domain"
and I have join this workstation to my linux PDC, a samba 3 domain

All work fine and on fedora 20, via samba, I can autenticate the user's
domain.

But the "getent passwd" (and also group) command non work like samba 3
server.

If I run "getent passwd mydomain\\ospite" the user is show:
> MYDOMAIN\ospite:*:4294967295:4294967295::/home/MYDOMAIN/ospite:/bin/false

But if I run "getent passwd" (or group) to list all user (or groups),
the user/groups is not show and only local user/groups are report.

Is this a known issue?

I have misses some things?

Someone can help me with some suggest ?

Many thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 20 con Gnome 3.10.4)