fedora20: samba4: getent passwd (and group) not work property

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:53:12 UTC 2014

On 29 Sep 2014 13:11, "Dario Lesca" <d.lesca at solinos.it> wrote:

> Il giorno lun, 29/09/2014 alle 12.39 +0100, James Hogarth ha scritto:
> > Enumeration is disabled by default for performance reasons.
> >
> > If you really want that as enumerate = true to the domain section of
> > your sssd.conf
>
> Thanks for reply, James.
>
> But I known nothing about SSSD, and my sssd service is disabled and
> inactive:
>
> > [root at s-backup ~]# systemctl status sssd
> > sssd.service - System Security Services Daemon
> >    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sssd.service; disabled)
> >    Active: inactive (dead)
>
> And the command "find /etc -name sssd.conf|wc -l" show 0
>
> And if I "yum remove sssd*" only this unused service and our component
> sssd-* is removed.
>
> Is it bind in some way to samba?
>
> It must be configure it and start it?

Ah in that case I assume you are using winbind ... Sssd is preferred but if
you want to use the old ways add this to your smb.conf and restart the
winbind service:

*winbind* *enum** users = yes*
*winbind* *enum** groups = **yes*

If that doesn't work you'll need to provide more details of your setup for
help...

The contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf and
/etc/pam.d/system-auth ought to put people on the right track.