conky help (was Re: battery indicator)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Sep 30 03:27:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:37:30 +0200 poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 29.09.2014 02:25, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> >>
> >> See what can you get within
> >> /sys/class/power_supply/...
> >

> > Thanks! There are the files in:
> >
> > /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1
> >
> > alarm           energy_full_design  present        uevent
> > capacity        energy_now          serial_number  voltage_min_design
> > capacity_level  manufacturer        status         voltage_now
> > cycle_count     model_name          subsystem@
> > device@         power/              technology
> > energy_full     power_now           type
> >
> > Which of these files can be monitored?
>
> Whatever you can 'cat' it can be 'watch',
> man 1 cat/watch

I suspect it is here:

$ more /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/uevent
POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=BAT1
POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Discharging
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=1
POWER_SUPPLY_TECHNOLOGY=Li-ion
POWER_SUPPLY_CYCLE_COUNT=0
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MIN_DESIGN=11400000
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=12309000
POWER_SUPPLY_POWER_NOW=21429000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_FULL_DESIGN=62020000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_FULL=62020000
POWER_SUPPLY_ENERGY_NOW=56290000
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=90
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY_LEVEL=Normal
POWER_SUPPLY_MODEL_NAME=PABAS0241231
POWER_SUPPLY_MANUFACTURER=SDI
POWER_SUPPLY_SERIAL_NUMBER=41167

> > Btw, I don't use batti but use actually use conky. How is the
> > information put in? Previously with other machines this is what would
> > work
>
> Perhaps it should be set to BAT1 given that default is BAT0,
> http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html

I tried this, but to no avail.

I am not sure that I understand where to set this. A call to conky has
the following for me:

Conky: desktop window (e7) is root window
Conky: drawing to desktop window
Conky: drawing to double buffer
Conky: can't open /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/uevent: No such file or
directory
Conky: can't open /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state: No such file
or directory Conky: can't open /proc/apm: No such file or directory

How do I set the conky battery variable
to  /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/uevent?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

> > ${offset 0} ${color slate grey} BAT: ${color } $battery
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Ranjan
> >

> >> https://code.google.com/p/batti-gtk/
> >>   Batti is a simple battery monitor for the system tray, similar to batterymon.
> >>   Unlike the latter batti uses *UPower*, and if that is missing DeviceKit.Power, for it's power information.
> >>
> >> http://upower.freedesktop.org/
> >> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/20/html/Power_Management_Guide/upower.html
> >>
> >> $ man 1 upower
> >> BUGS
> >>        Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the DeviceKit mailing list, see
> >>        http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/devkit-devel on how to subscribe.
> >>

> >> poma
> >>
> >> --
> >

> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use
appropriate addresses.