testing of drives!

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:00:51 UTC 2014

My tendency would be to boot the boxes from Flash or DVD and test with
badblocks or fsck nondestructively obtaining a list of problems to then
help decide how to proceed with each box.   You could make a Flash drive
with the basic tools and scripts and then clone it to work with several
drives at once.

Time consuming but comprehensive.