fed/centos question

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 19:15:33 UTC 2014

Hi.

Really a reinstall question.

You can have an install server for http/ftp/etc install
You can also have pxe startup, as well as the base install from the dvd/network.

However, I'm trying to figure out how to go about (if it's possible)
to do a reinstall of a system remotely.

I'd like to be able to ssh into a box, and then do a reinstall of a
given system  based on the different kickstarter file that I created.
I'd like to ssh into the box, run a given cmd, use a given kickstart
process and have the entire process just work!

But I've been looking all over to try to figure out exactly how this
would work or what all the issues are.

Any thoughts/pointers would be helpful

The target boxes would be centos6.5 (and above) as well as fed 18 and above..

Thanks guys..