USB keybord curiosity

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 19:21:39 UTC 2014

I tend to think HW rather than SW.  If it were me I would remove the key
board, shake it upside down and work the keys in that position while
puffing with dust off periodically from various angles.

Probably good to shoot some dust off into the USB connectors - perhaps
change the connector used in the computer, and consider using some shaped
stiff card stock covered by a bit of old white T shirt slightly wet and
then dry (or with some 99% (or at least 90% no lanolin) isopropyl alcohol)
to clean the inside of the connector finishing with a dry rub and dust off.

Might also be a good time to badblock the disk if appropriate (that is - if
it is not SSD).

Virus root kit scan.  Possible system re-load.  If still no joy consider
replacement.