Wrong Screen Resolution after uninstalling nvidia packages from rpmfusion

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 23:06:38 UTC 2014

On 09/30/2014 05:19 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> As you can see from the output of lsmod the "nouveau" is not being
> loaded.  We've established, off list, that there is no
> blacklist-nouveau.conf file in /usr/lib/modprobe.d either.  You've
> rebuilt your initramfs and still don't get nouveau.
>
> At the moment I can't think of what else would cause the issue.

I've found that getting dracut to add a new kernel module to the
initramfs can be a bit of a pain.  I.e., it may not add nouveau to the
initramfs because it isn't already loaded ...

This can be checked with lsinitrd.

Try adding "--add-drivers nouveau" to the dracut command used to create
the initramfs.