F21: Save session on logout issues

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Wed Apr 1 12:55:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 03/30/2015 06:54 AM, Max Pyziur wrote:
>>  Any pointers on whether or not this can be changed
>>  so that Gedit and
>>  Gnome-Terminal sessions are restored?
>>
>>  Or is this a new, undocumented feature?
>
> You're using Xfce, and having trouble with two Gnome
> programs.  Have you tried using Leafpad and
> xfce4-terminal and see if they do what you want?  (I
> understand that you might prefer the two programs that
> you're currently using, but if nothing else, you can
> see if it's related to what DE the programs were
> written for.)

I tried both Xfce4-terminal and Leafpad. Neither has a tab feature from
what I can tell.

However, a close substitute to gnome-terminal is MATE-terminal. And
its sessions are saved on logout. So, I might run with that.

With the current version of gedit, you can use the quickopen plugin; w/
that you can more easily (less obtrusively) see the files that were open,
and select those you want opened in one instance.

Github has a gedit plugin called sessionsaver that can be installed. I
haven't gotten it to work.

Thanks.

Max