SAMBA on Fedora 21

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Apr 1 17:28:33 UTC 2015

On 04/01/2015 05:53 AM, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I understand your explanation...  that is exactly  the answer to my
> question..
>
> Being I a beginner.., I just would understand better the philosophy of
> Linux.
> (I read that FEDORA  is for: Flexible Extensible Digital Object
> Repository Architecture)

Actually, "Fedora" is a tongue-in-cheek poke at the parent (Red Hat)
company's logo (look at the Red Hat logo online...you'll see the man
in the logo is wearing a hat called a "Fedora").

Fedora is the alpha/beta, bleeding-edge version Red Hat Linux. You can
think of it as the experimental hamster for the next release of Red
Hat. Eventually, once a Fedora release is deemed "stable" enough, it's
frozen and becomes the latest Red Hat Linux release (I think RHEL7 is
based on Fedora 18...can't remember exactly).