help - Fedup F20 to F21 through firewall

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Thu Apr 2 04:44:16 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-31 11:49, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>

>> The fedup installation guide used to say that it was not recommended
>> if one is using KDE or Gnome, which I imagine would be 90% of users.
>> Does it still say this?
>>

> In general, upgrades are recommended to be run in a more minimal
> environment but since fedup only installs packages in a special environment
> anyway, there is nothing stopping you from running it within GNOME or KDE
>
> Rahul

I am running it from a terminal.  no X.

Corporate firewall is preventing system from getting the necessary files.

All documentation states that it is supposed to work through the
firewall and use the yum.conf file to find the proxy.

I will look at the fedora-upgrade and try that.

I guess I will submit a bug report on fedup about this.

Robin