Stuck Maximised

Markus Schönhaber fedora-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Fri Apr 3 15:42:56 UTC 2015

Am 03.04.2015 um 13:53 schrieb Jonathan Allen:

> Going to maximise thunderbird on a graphic screen session, I accidentally
> clicked on the box next door and it maximised to being absolutely full
> screen, with no top bar and all the normal desktop stuff obscured.  I can
> still switch tasks using Alt-Tab, in which case the top bars and the
> desktop (I'm using Xfce) reappear for the other task(s).
>
> How can I get thnderbird back to have a normal task appearance?

Check if thunderbird's localstore.rdf contains the string "fullscreen".
To do that
1. Quit thunderbird.
2. Do a
grep fullscreen ~/.thunderbird/<your profile folder>/localstore.rdf
(replace "<your profile folder>" with the actual name of the profile
folder - probably something like "wxyz1234.default")

If the grep command above doesn't produce any output, the cause of the
problem is something else and I don't any further idea.
If it does generate output, renaming localstore.rdf should put
thunderbird back into windowed mode. Instead of renaming localstore.rdf
you could use the text editor of your choice to change the part of the
file that looks like
sizemode="fullscreen"
sizemode="normal"
This way you won't lose other UI settings as you do if you rename or
delete localstore.rdf.

--
Regards
  mks