[OT] For your amusement

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 7 07:56:42 UTC 2015

poma:
>> Where "ask.fedora is the distro's official support forum"? is stated officially?

Suvayu Ali:
> Maybe this counts?  https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/about/
>
>   Ask Fedora is community edited knowledge base and support forum for
>   the Fedora community. [...]

There's a difference between saying it's "a" support forum, versus
saying it's "the" support forum.  The first means it's a place you can
go, the second means you should go there instead of everywhere else.

Personally, I hate webforums, they're so chaotic and cumbersome to use.
I participate in around a dozen mailing lists, and I can do that because
messages come to me.  I couldn't do anything like that if I had to visit
a dozen different websites.  About their only saving grace is that you
may be able to find something in them using google.

Not to mention how painful Windows ones are, where your information is
buried in a mass of advertising trying to sell you a solution to a
problem caused by something you've already paid for.  Or those sites
where questions just go unanswered, or if they are answered, are sent by
private reply.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.18.9-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 9 17:04:05 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.