[OT] For your amusement

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Tue Apr 7 16:01:07 UTC 2015

On 07.04.2015, Tim wrote:

> Personally, I hate webforums, they're so chaotic and cumbersome to use.
> I participate in around a dozen mailing lists, and I can do that because
> messages come to me.  I couldn't do anything like that if I had to visit
> a dozen different websites.

I'd like to second that.

There are some reasons why something like a Web Forum exists. One reason is
that in a world full of smartphones and tablets, that's the way a lot of people
use the net. And it's a stupid one in my eyes.

Another one is: they don't even know what a mailing list is and
that such exists. In addition, their mailreaders usually can't handle
large amounts of mail properly.