[OT] For your amusement

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Tue Apr 7 16:50:53 UTC 2015

On Apr 7, 2015 2:37 AM, "Joe Zeff" <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 04/07/2015 12:56 AM, Tim wrote:
>>
>> There's a difference between saying it's "a" support forum, versus
>> saying it's "the" support forum.  The first means it's a place you can
>> go, the second means you should go there instead of everywhere else.
>

> All forms of Fedora support are community based, even this one when you
come down to it.  My impression has always been that ask.fedora is run by
Fedora, but ICBW.

> --

ask.fedoraproject.org lives on Fedora infrastructure, is maintained by the
Fedora infra team, has a fedoraproject.org domain name, and carries the
Fedora branding (to some extent, anyway, and iirc there is better branding
in some state of progress).  It uses the EPEL askbot package, also largely
maintained by fedora-infra folks.  You can log into the site with your FAS
account.  It is even cited in the footer of every message on this list.

A third party is definitely not running this site, and a boilerplate
disclaimer that user supplied content on the site is not the product of
Fedora or Red Hat as legal entities should not be confusing.

As for the rest, well, everyone has preferences.  Lists are conversational,
and that doesn't play well in a Q&A site structured for directly addressing
a given issue.  I'm glad that people that prefer lists and people that
prefer fora both have a place to go.

Also, I didn't want to ruin the joke, but shouldn't it be /var/credits ? :P

--Pete