testing snapper f21 btrfs

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:06:23 UTC 2015

I have a default btrfs install of f21.

sudo btrfs subvolume list /
ID 257 gen 32476 top level 5 path root

I copied /etc/snapper/config-templates/default to
/etc/snapper/config/default, and edited /etc/sysconfig/snapper to
SNAPPER_CONFIGS="default"

BTW: there is NO documentation about this installed with the rpm, I'm not
even sure I did this correctly.

snapper list-configs
Config  | Subvolume
--------+----------
default | /

[nbecker at nbecker2 linearizer]$ sudo snapper -c default list
Type   | # | Pre # | Date | User | Cleanup | Description | Userdata
single | 0 |       |      | root |         | current     |

So am I all set up to be able to use snapper to snapshot, rollback, etc?
I see rollback is supposed to be able to change the volume that is booted,
but I'm afraid to try it.

--
Those who fail to understand recursion are doomed to repeat it