old nfs client, new nfs host, incorrect mount option?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:15:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:48:10 -0700
Rick Stevens wrote:

> CentOS 7 may default to offering only NFSv4 (ugh!). You can check this
> by doing "rpcinfo -p NFS-server-name-or-IP-address" and looking at the
> "nfs" lines. The version number that NFS supports will be listed in the
> "vers" (second) column of the display.

Thanks, rpcinfo is a new one to add to my list off tricks, but it
does say nfs 3 and 4 is supported. I guess it is just bugs in ancient
versions of the nfs-utils on some of the old systems. I know when
I was trying to mount fielsystems from really old hosts, I had
the opposite problem. Some systems had to say nfsvers=3 and others
wouldn't work with that, but would work with proto=udp.