Postfix-Server behind a DSL-Router

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:06:01 UTC 2015

Yep. Get it on the same network as the server and run the command:

telnet 192.168.10.1 25

You *should* get a welcome banner from Postfix.  If you do, type
"QUIT" to exit cleanly - this means the problem is almost certainly
with the router.

If you don't, and based on your previous reply to Mike Wright I
suspect that is going to be the case, then you most likely need to
either look at FirewallD again or possibly SELinux.

The latter *should* have been sorted out automatically, but just in
case, you can temporarily disable SELinux with the command:

sudo setenforce 0

To reenable it, use the command:

sudo setenforce 1

On 9 April 2015 at 20:54, Peter Ulrich Kruppa <pukruppa at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 09.04.2015 um 20:52 schrieb Andy Blanchard:
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> 0.0.0.0 is a "wildcard"; Postfix is definitely running and listening
>> for incoming connections on port 25 on any IP address on your server.
>>
>> Do you have access to another PC or something on your internal network
>> that you can try connecting from?  At least that way you could
>> determine whether you need to focus on the router or the server -
>> although based on your updates on FirewallD and Postfix, I'm leaning
>> more towards either the router or your ISP blocking SMTP by default at
>> present.
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> I have some old laptop running debian. Can I do something with it - without
> setting up another mail server on it?  :-)
>

>> On the latter point, it might be worth looking at their FAQ or maybe
>> contacting support just in case; some ISPs block SMTP by default as an
>> anti-spam measure but will open it up on request, but others require
>> you have some form of "premium" connection to host your own servers.
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> On 9 April 2015 at 19:16, Peter Ulrich Kruppa <pukruppa at googlemail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It does - I had that working using a DSL bridge (modem) instead of a
>>> router.

>>> Points 1. to 3. should be allright - hopefully ...

>>>          # netstat -lpnt | grep 25
>>> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25           0.0.0.0:*
>>>                                   LISTEN      1494/master
>>>
>>> How do I read/understand that output? Shouldn't there be 192.168.10.1:25
>>> ?
>>> (By the way: I didn't know postfix daemon is called "master" ,,,)
>>>

>>> Greetings
>>>
>>> Peter

> --

Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe