Firefox won't allow connection when site certificate is invalid

Markus Schönhaber fedora-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Sat Apr 11 08:32:38 UTC 2015

Am 10.04.2015 um 18:19 CEST Patrick O'Callaghan:

> On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 14:08 +0000, Joshua Doll wrote:
>> Is the cert also expired. I've run into where if the cert is self
>> signed,
>> or from an untrusted CA and expired it won't let you accept the cert.
>
> I can't get any information about the cert, which may indicate an actual
> problem. However I can connect using Chrome, except that the site
> scripting doesn't work correctly. Clearly the site is managed by
> incompetents.

That definitely seems to be the case.
If you still want to access the site in Firefox, you could go there
using Chrome, download the site's certificate and import it to FF. I
haven't tried it but maybe that way FF can be forced to accept the
certificate.
OTOH: there's no other site providing the same service which is run by
someone who know what they're doing?

--
Regards
  mks