UPnP firewall problem with fc21

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Apr 12 11:38:25 UTC 2015

I posted about this on the mythtv-users list and have a workaround, but
it seems worth an airing here.

I have a new installation of fc21, KDE spin, 64-bit on a Core2Duo box.
MythTV is from rpm fusion and UPnP requires UDP on port 1900.  I have
been unable to set this up using the default systemd graphic firewall
manager, which causes a tens-of-seconds system sulk and then offers tcp,
but disabling that and using the iptables GUI instead seems ok.  I
didn't recognise anything on google.

I don't see this problem on a similar box running SL7.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/585039#585039

John P