Firefox version 37.0.1 crashes on redhat.com

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Apr 12 22:14:58 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 04:52:17PM -0500, g wrote:

> On 04/12/2015 03:48 PM, Jim Lewis wrote:
> <<>>
> > Does anyone know the right way to make Firefox not auto "upgrade"
> > to the new crappy version when it starts up again?
>
> iirc, and presuming you run yum and not yumex, add;
>
>   --exclude=firefox*
>
> to command line.

Since the OP is running the Firefox downloaded from mozilla.org (as am I)
he's asking about how to disable the auto updates Mozilla.org provides.
I don't KNOW, but I remember digging into the "channel" mechanism a few
years ago, and vaguely recall there being a file or a setting (somewhere)
that you can use to control that.

Possibly checking the mozilla knowledge base, or user fora would turn up
something.

Fred

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------