Infinite time to initialize Tor Browser Bundle

Wilbert Isaac Cortés González w.isaac.cortes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:29:27 UTC 2015

Hi, I've been trying to initialize the Tor bundle; but nothing happens.
I though that it could be the firewall (since I'm using privoxy as
proxy), so I opened firewall-config and I allowed the service, so that's
it, right? Well no. I spend like 30 minutes waiting for a miracle and
the progress bar didn't change, it didn't move,not even a pixel. So I
though "don't be such a paranoid noodle head, use it without a proxy, or
with a public proxy", so then I did; but still nothing, dang it!

In the config file of privoxy I uncommented the line

forward-socks5 / localhost:9050 .

and I proceed to restart privoxy through systemctl (obviously), and
guess what? You're right: nothing. And yes I tell to the bundle to use
that proxy with those options (localhost:8118).

I know this isn't a tor mailing list; but if any have any idea that I
could try it'd be thoughtful.

FYI: I'm using Fedora 21

	-Isaac Cortés G.