rpmbuild oddity on F21 (but not F20)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Apr 16 02:18:07 UTC 2015

Thank, Mike!

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:34:06 +0200 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 07:57:55 -0800, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>
> > Sorry, my mistake: I have a newer version of wbar (which I modified, so I called it as version 2.3.5). Is there a place I can upload this bz2? fpaste does not like binaries.
>
> dropbox e.g.

Thanks! I was wondering if fedora has a site, I guess not. I will post there and invite you over.

> Usually I spot lots of mistakes just by skimming over a spec file
> (and there are several in your package), but I would like to focus on
> your particular build problem instead. Without the used source archive,
> I can't comment on your build problem.
>
> That's all you get? It looks like empty %prep, empty %build and %empty
> install sections -> a completely broken spec file.

It appears that i may have accidentally (and completely) messed up my spec file. Without the original spec file, the problem is no longer reproducible. Though the two rpms were successfully created and had the oddity with the spec file (that worked).

I will have to work on recreating a spec file.

Thanks again!
Best wishes,
Ranjan