TeX hyphenation

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 15:55:56 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 07:08:40PM +0200, Andras Simon wrote:

> Yes, I'm using texlive-babel-hungarian, but latex says
>
> Package magyar.ldf Warning: All Hungarian hyphenation= patterns missing.
> (magyar.ldf)                To make LaTeX hyphenate Hungarian words, please
> (magyar.ldf)                modify language.dat and rerun initex or texconfig.
>
> But language.dat starts with
>
> DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE (language.dat)! It is generated by tlmgr.
>
> and tlmgr seems to be missing from Fedora's version of texlive. Full circle.

tlmgr is missing because it is the package manager TeX Live uses when
installed from the DVD.  For the Fedora provided TeX Live, yum/dnf is
the package manager.  I use TeX Live from the DVD, and my language.dat
has this entry for hungarian:

  % from hyphen-hungarian:
  hungarian loadhyph-hu.tex

If yours doesn't you should probably file a bug report.  Although I
should say, I do not think I ever configured TeX Live to use Hungarian,
so I don't know if this is all there is to it.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu