Firefox won't allow connection when site certificate is invalid

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Apr 18 20:28:19 UTC 2015

>as yet, i have never been unable to accept a site's unrecognized
>certificate. [firefox 24.8.0]

There are some certs that are pinned (tor's site is one I remember) and
you can't override those easily. If you have removed the default CAs
and run into this you have to go somewhere esle in the config to unpin
the certs for the special sites. I don't remember all of the details, just
that I needed to do it to be able to visit the tor site again.