Is Hibernate going to be fixed any time soon?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Apr 19 16:08:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On my Asus Laptop, both S2R and S2D has been working flawlessly ever since
> (running Arch) - both with old and new kernels. On my PC, S2R works, but the
> machine can't properly wake from S2D. It's a brand new machine, and I've not
> tried something older than 3.19.2. To date, I'm on 4.0.0. (vanilla), and the
> problem persists. I think at least in my case it's a kernel related
> problem. Something in the SMP or timer code.

Thanks! So the issue is not with a laptop but with the PC? Does it work with Arch, or have you only tested with Fedora?

> > CentOS works fine, or at least for as long as I have tried them
>
> Never tried. It's a little bit difficult to test anything on this machine,
> because it holds all my academic work and a lot more which is really important
> for me (of course I have backups, but..).

I understand. I usually have a separate partition for /home (have always had it) and then updates/installs are a breeze.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.