Is Hibernate going to be fixed any time soon?

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 17:14:24 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-19 at 11:08:25 Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On my Asus Laptop, both S2R and S2D has been working flawlessly
> > ever since (running Arch) - both with old and new kernels. On my
> > PC, S2R works, but the machine can't properly wake from S2D. It's a
> > brand new machine, and I've not tried something older than 3.19.2.
> > To date, I'm on 4.0.0. (vanilla), and the problem persists. I think
> > at least in my case it's a kernel related problem. Something in the
> > SMP or timer code.
>
> Thanks! So the issue is not with a laptop but with the PC? Does it
> work with Arch, or have you only tested with Fedora?
>

> > > CentOS works fine, or at least for as long as I have tried them
> >
> > Never tried. It's a little bit difficult to test anything on this
> > machine, because it holds all my academic work and a lot more which
> > is really important for me (of course I have backups, but..).
>
> I understand. I usually have a separate partition for /home (have
> always had it) and then updates/installs are a breeze.
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> Ranjan
>

> > --

I don't know if it's interesting but I run kernel
3.19.3-200.fc21.x86_64 on Lenovo L430. I prefer suspend to hibernate
and that has worked flawlessly. Just tried to hibernate and it didn't
work. On my laptop I have exchanged 500 GB HDD with 500 GB SDD and I
come back from suspend almost momentarily. Don't miss hibernate :)

--
Regards
Erik P. Olsen, M.sc. EE