Is Hibernate going to be fixed any time soon?

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:00:34 UTC 2015

On 04/19/2015 04:12 PM, stan wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:24:27 -0600
> jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have 2 swap devices that together add up to more than 16GB.
> I vaguely recall reading that the swap where the image is stored has
> to be a single partition.
>
>> My RAM is 8GB.
>> So, I will be adding the boot params:
>> resume=/dev/sda4 resume=/dev/sdb4
>> and see if it will work.
>>
>> Result: Nop!!
>> It did not work.
>>
>> I find no other references to this
>> issue when you have multiple swap devices.
>>

> Maybe this will help?
>
> http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt
>
> There are other documents that reference hibernation in the kernel
> documentation, and, of course, there is always the code.  This should
> be answered somewhere online, though, and available via a search.
I read this blog some time ago, and none of it's suggestions
seem to work (i.e. resume from hibernation).

I think this whole fiasco is so totally unnecessary.
How many people do you think want to go through
such low level rigmarole just to hibernate and resume?

If the shutdown gui provides for hibernation, then the user
need not have to go through these twists and girations in
order to power up and resume where s/he left off.

A friend emailed me and said that  the *nixes and *nuxes
have all become what the nix and nux crowdused to accuse windows
of, namely: bloatware.

Well, now we are experiencing mal-working bloatware :) :)