Youtube-dl problem/question

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Apr 20 16:48:21 UTC 2015

On 04/20/2015 09:31 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> I am not an html programmer.

What does that have to do with it?

> I was wondering if such a programmer would download
> the web page (wget) and be able to look at it's contents
> and zero in on the exact location of the video, and download
> it from there, rather than from the link provided above.

No.  The link that you gave us is the one on the page; it doesn't get
translated into something else on the way from the server to you.  There
are several addons and extensions that allow you to save videos directly
from your browser.  Right now, I'm using SaveTube and AFAICT, if you can
view the video it can save it.