Youtube-dl problem/question

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Mon Apr 20 19:59:07 UTC 2015

Am 20.04.2015 um 19:53 schrieb jd1008:

> On 04/20/2015 11:37 AM, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
>> Am 20.04.2015 um 17:50 schrieb jd1008:
>>> ERROR: l1zNZjH1KJk: YouTube said: The uploader has not made this video
>>> available in your country.
>> This message says it all, and I doubt that you can watch this video
>> in your browser.
>>
>> FWIW, I don't get this error message, and the download with
>> youtube-dl  works for me here (Germany).
> So, would it work in the browser,if I first connected to youtube.de or
> whatever url
> you use when you are in germany?

No, it was the very url that you reported which I have used - one the
very rare exceptions to benefit from using Youtube from within Germany.
Quite often, when I try to open a music video, I get blocked: "Sorry,
due to ... it is not possibly to watch this video in your country"
(there is a controversy between youtube/google and GEMA,  a German
collecting company for music royalties, going on).