help - Fedup F20 to F21 through firewall

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Thu Apr 23 05:22:27 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-13 07:53, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-04-09 at 21:05 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
>> In yum.conf I have (domain hidden) proxy=http:/webproxy.XXX.X:8080
>
> Does your actual proxy config have "http://" rather than "http:/"?
>
> Can you check that your proxy is working properly?

Sorry for taking so long.

It is http:// and it works for yum and yumex.

Today, doing updates I think I found the issue.  Our corporate firewall
does bandwidth management and if you download over a certain amount of
data, it starts to throttle the path.  This will be a subject of another
message.

When it does this, it blocks site access and becomes slow, very slow.  I
have come to the conclusion that fedup won't work through the firewall
because of this.  I will have to create a local mirror to use fedup.

Running fedup multiple times finally got to the point that it said it
didn't have a boot image.  I was already late so I didn't try anything
after that.

Robin