Thunderbird filters -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 24 16:11:41 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 10:05 AM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
<<>>

> I dunno, one day I will bite the bullet and start with a new set
> of filters and saved mail. I probably have about fifty filters
> and sort into less than a dozen items, most are to get rid of
> annoying stuff. The mail file is getting too big anyway.

sounds like a bug with thunderbird. you could check to see if it
is a know bug by filling in search info;

  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

if nothing shows file a bug report.

an easy way to remove accounts manually, instead of biting the
bullet, close thunderbird, open a file browser in detail mode
and show hidden.

open file browser to;

  /home/bobg/.thunderbird/o111r0ba.default/Mail/

there you will see all your email accounts. some may have a file
with .msf extension.

because thunderbird does not recognize a file starting with a
period, ie, ".filename" you can test for correct account/s, by
renaming account/s [and .msf file/s] you want to eliminate by
adding a period "." to start of account name/s.

ie, wildblue.net -> .wildblue.net
    wildblue.net.msf -> .wildblue.net.msf.

open thunderbird, if account/s no longer shows in left pane, you
have correct account/s.

close thunderbird again and either delete or move account/s [and
.msf file/s] to a save place in case you might use again. it really
is not necessary to delete/move accounts, unless you really want
to clear space.

reopen thunderbird, remove the filters for the deleted/removed
account/s.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6