WiFi restoration

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Fri Apr 24 16:44:19 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 07:14 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 18:44 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> I do something similar that works great to boost the signal
>> across the length of the house, but I cut off a square of
>> aluminum flashing I had instead of opening up a beer can :-).
> You hadn't finished drinking it yet?  ;-)

I saw that "fix"--it's clever, but it makes the signal directional. It
will be OK if all the "receivers" are in one direction from the antenna.

Another "fix"--obtain a longer antenna made for the frequency band,
which is surely 2400~2480 MHz. Make sure the connector mates with the
connector on the router!
This may work, since you _almost_ have enough signal now, and another dB
or two may make all the difference.

--doug