Thunderbird filters -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 24 19:59:56 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 02:35 PM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> On 04/24/2015 02:37 PM, g wrote:
>> something i should have mentioned, is that i removed 2 account
>> names by prepending a period to the account names.
> Inwhat file did you do this?
>
> Jt has no effect in /msgFilterRules.dat.
>
> I can add the dot in the menu in the pane by using the renam function,
> still no change.
>
> These are just empty directories, there's nothing in them and clicking
> on them in the menu
> list does nothing except sit there and churn for a while. If it does
> stop the names are still there
> and can't be deleted using the GUI delete function
>> the are not shown in the left pane, the account names are still
>> in the prefs.js file.

to be more clear,

 1- *close* thunderbird
 2- *do not* make changes in left pane of thunderbird
 3- _open_ a file browser in detail mode and show hidden files
 4- _open_ file browser to directory;
      /home/bobg/.thunderbird/o111r0ba.default/Mail/
 5- _prepend_ a "dot"/"period" to account name.

    ie, wildblue.net -> .wildblue.net
        wildblue.net.msf -> .wildblue.net.msf

 6- with thunderbird still closed, edit "msgFilterRules.dat"
    in account directories you wish to remove filters from
    associated accounts.

if you still do not understand or there is a problem, email me
off-list and send me your home phone number. i will call you and
walk you thru.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6