Thunderbird filters -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Apr 24 22:11:56 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 04:04 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:

>> >Inwhat file did you do this?
>> >
>> >Jt has no effect in /msgFilterRules.dat.
>> >
>> >I can add the dot in the menu in the pane by using the renam function,
>> >still no change.
>> >
>> >These are just empty directories, there's nothing in them and clicking
>> >on them in the menu
>> >list does nothing except sit there and churn for a while. If it does
>> >stop the names are still there
>> >and can't be deleted using the GUI delete function
> not sure I totally understand where you are trying to delete these folders..
> If these are folders in your "local folders"  email, all you need to do
> is navigate using a file manager to your .thunderbird....Local Folders
>
> you will see 2 filenames for each folder, say you have hobbys folder.
> You will have one called hobbys and one named hobbys.msf , just DELETE
> those 2 files and next time you start thunderbird, they won't be there.
>
> -- Paul Cartwright
Yes, I understand what you are telling me but perhaps my responses have
not been clear?

I quit Thunderbird.

I did:    gedit
/home/bobg/.thunderbird/1blpa2ks.default/Mail/pop.googlemail.com/msgFilterRules.dat

and deleted the section for centos, saved, checked to see it was gone,
then restarted Thunderbird.

The Centos directory remains!

Then for good measure I tried again to delete it with the GUI from the
menu that comes up when I right click on Centos, it asks if I want to
delete and I tell it to delete.

The Centos directory remains.

Earlier I tried just the dot as George suggested with the same result ...

There is a problem! But I have put up with it for a long time, intending
to just start over evetually and I still think that is the best plan.

And George my VOIP number is 757 279 2226 should you think it would help.

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
box10 Fedora-22/64bit Linux/XFCE