Thunderbird filters -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Apr 25 01:44:04 UTC 2015

> On 04/24/2015 04:04 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> not sure I totally understand where you are trying to delete these
> folders..
> If these are folders in your "local folders"  email, all you need to do
> is navigate using a file manager to your .thunderbird....Local Folders
.

With g's help the problem with deleting the Centos mail filter directory
is solved.

The files were located by doing -

[root at box10 bobg]# find . -name Centos
./.thunderbird/1blpa2ks.default/Mail/pop.googlemail.com/Inbox.sbd/Centos
./.thunderbird/1blpa2ks.default/Mail/pop.googlemail.com/Trash.sbd/Centos

and then:
[root at box10 bobg]# cd
.thunderbird/1blpa2ks.default/Mail/pop.googlemail.com/Inbox.sbd/

and then from there:

[root at box10 Inbox.sbd]# rm -fr Centos*

removed the unwanted directory from the mail filter list.

I think that's the essence of what he suggested, he may want to clarify
this further. It took a few tries to understand the problem and arrive
at those steps.

Tomorrow I will try the same logical procedure to remove several more
that have been stuck there for some time. I think it is probably not a
Thunderbird bug, but rather something that happened in the process of
saving those files to the server and then using them to configure new
Thunderbird installations, something I did perhaps?

One more problem solved with help from this list.

Thanks,

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod