Tainted kernels

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Apr 28 19:53:54 UTC 2015

Earlier, I'd asked about what was causing abrt to claim that my laptop's
kernel was tainted, even though I don't know of anything that would
cause this.  Somebody asked me to check a certain location in /proc,
which turned out not to exist on the laptop.  I'd like to check again,
and check it on my desktop as well because I know the desktop's kernel
is tainted by kmod-nvidia, and that would give me a good way to compare
a known-tainted kernel with my laptop's.  Alas, I've lost the email with
the pointer in it.  If anybody remembers what I'm supposed to check,
please let me know.  Thanx!