Andriod tablet as a second monitor

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Apr 28 22:28:05 UTC 2015

> On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 15:51 -0600, jd1008 wrote:
>>
>> On 04/28/2015 03:36 PM, CS DBA wrote:
>>> All;
>>>
>>> Is it possible to use an andriod tablet as a second monitor? I'm running
>>> Fedora 21 on a Dell Precision Workstation 3800
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>> Your tablet needs to be running an X server,
>> and the X server needs to allow your workstation
>> access to the tablet's X display.
>
> There are several VNC clients and viewers on the Google Play store. Also
> RDP (Remote Desktop) and Teamviewer.

I think the OP meant using the tablet like an actual monitor (e.g.
multidisplay off the OP's video card).

As far as I know that's not possible. The HDMI port on the tablet is
an output only. The tablet is essentially a laptop, and that port is
its auxiliary display port (use it to connect to your TV or some other
HDMI monitor).