Fedora 21: How to download files from my Galaxy S5

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:59:34 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 04:42 PM, Jim Lewis wrote:
>   This worked fine on my older Android Photon Q so I expected the same on
> this new Galaxy S5. I plugged in the cable, found the mount point and,
> as my guest1 user, located the filesystem and files. I saw they were rw
> (read/write) and thought all was well. I tried to tar the whole thing up
> and noticed errors. Here's some more detail:
I just plugged in my S6 and there was a notification in my system
messages section ( swipe down from top) that once I tapped it, it gave
me 2 options. It showed up as " connected as an installer:. when I
tapped it, it gave me two options to check-
1. Media device ( MTP)
2. Camera (PTP.
once I selected them, all the android folders were visible to Fedora..

--
Paul Cartwright