WiFi restoration

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 29 16:38:22 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 11:01 AM, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> This blessing is cursed...  ;-)
>>>
>>> I wonder if all off-the-shelf WiFi antennas are omnidirectional.
>>> I've never actually needed to change my antenna.
>
> g:
>> not even.
>>
>> types include all sorts of; array beam, biconical, butterfly,
>> cantenna, coaxial, corner reflector, dipole, discone, dish,
>> helical beam, parabolic, yagi-uda beam.
>
> I'm aware of different types, we did study RF (abeit taught badly)
> at college. What I really meant to ask was whether you could just
> buy anything other than the omni style in any old computer shop you
> might walk into. I've seen allegedly high-gain larger omni whips, but
> I've never seen other patterns in a shop, but I've certainly seen
> things you could make, or order off the web.

i would not think the average "mom and pop" computer store would have
such. not much of a demand. tho i would well imagine that they would
be "happy to order".

not the "any old computer shop you might walk into", but such are
available at;

http://www.newegg.com/Network-Antennas/SubCategory/ID-3373?Tid=27729

--

peace out.