SD card programing -

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:53:53 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 22:59 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 04/29/15 22:46, bobgoodwin at wildblue.net wrote:
> >
> > I just received a Raspberry Pi 2b as a birthday gift. Apparently the operating system must be stored on an micro-SD card, the o/s can be downloaded but I have to get the SD card and whatever is required to program it from Fedora 21 or 22, or buy one preprogrammed.
> >
> > Perhaps someone with experience there can enlighten as to what I need to order to do this?
> >

> I don't do Raspberry, but if I were I would probably start here....
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

IIRC the OP isn't asking about Fedora on the Pi, but how to create the
SD card on a Fedora machine.

There are instructions at https://www.raspberrypi.org/help/noobs-setup/
but the card-formatting part isn't Linux-specific. See
http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup#Flashing_the_SD_Card_using_Linux_.28including_on_a_Raspberry_Pi.21.29 for more on formatting the card. The same site has info on a Fedora version for the Pi (other distros are available), but the card formatting doesn't depend on that.

poc