Fedora 21: How to download files from my Galaxy S5

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:49:21 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 09:44 -1000, Jim Lewis wrote:
>   All I want to do is copy the damn files to my hard drive. So does
> anyone have any idea on what I should try next? Maybe try different
> mount options? Also, is this a bug in Fedora?

This has been discussed several times on this list for several years,
including quite recently. If you simply want to copy files you can use
rsync or airdroid apps on the phone, among others. Otherwise the
simple-mtpfs package on Fedora makes the phone "mountable" as a FUSE
filesystem. Just remember that MTP imposes several restrictions on what
you can actually do (e.g. no seeking. no overwriting files etc.) which
simple-mtpfs does its best to hide from you.

poc